10 Fascinating Film Facts about real life Wonder Woman Gal Gadot
1. Gal Gadot was born in Israel on 30th April 1985. In Hebrew ‘Gal’ means ‘Waves’ and ‘Gadot’ means ‘Riverbanks’;
2. She is married to Israeli businessman Yaron Versano since 2008. They have two daughters;
3. She served for two years in the Israeli Defence Force (the IDF) as a combat trainer, something she said helped her win her first feature film role as Gisele in the Fast & Furious franchise. Her experience in the IDF meant that she was able to perform all her own stunts in the film;
4. She won the Miss Israel title in 2004 and represented Israel at the 2004 Miss Universe competition;
What happens when Wonder Woman and Black Widow face off? find out here
5. She could have been in the MCU as well as the DCEU – she was up for the role of Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy, but the role ultimately went to Karen Gillan.
6. Her very first acting audition was for the role of Camille in the James Bond film ‘Quantum of Solace’. The role ultimately went to Olga Kurylenko;
7. As well as acting she has had a successful modelling career, fronting campaigns as a model for the likes of Huawei, Miss Sixty, Gucci and Jaguar Cars;
8. She appeared in the music video for Maroon 5’s song ‘Girls Like You’ (Featuring Cardi B);
9. Growing up she loved dance so much that at one point she wanted to be a choreographer. Her natural athleticism saw her play tennis and be on both her school’s basketball and volleyball teams;
10. Her upcoming film projects include starring alongside Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Reynolds in the Netflix thriller Red Notice, reuniting with Wonder Woman Director Patty Jenkins to play the titular role in Cleopatra and signing on to star in the new spy thriller Heart of Stone which is being described as a new series of films in the mould of the 007 and Mission Impossible film franchises.
See the Official Extended Trailer for Wonder Woman 84 here