About to take over the mantle of the Bat Robert Pattinson is best known for his portrayal of Edward Cullen in the https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01A76CDFG?ie=UTF8&_encoding=UTF8&tag=wetalkfilm-21&linkCode=ur2&linkId=947be1af8e38f5d5681bd16a8f0a80a1&camp=1634&creative=6738">TwilightTwilight films but what else do you know about the actor?
I’m Matt Black for We Talk Film and here are 10 Fascinating Film Facts about the newest Batman:
1. Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson was born 13th May 1986 in Barnes, South-West London. He is the youngest of three children, having two older sisters.
2. He attended the same school that produced another acting alumni George MacKay, Will Poulter and Tom Sturridge. He and Tom actually shared a flat together in Soho and remain good friends.
3. When he was twelve, he got expelled from school for stealing adult magazines then selling them to his classmates! He told the Howard Stern Show in 2017 that before he was found out he would sell each magazine for a big profit.
4. His first love wasn’t actually acting but music, having taken both piano and guitar lessons at the early age of only four years old.
5. Speaking of music, he was in a band called Bad Girls and used to play solo acoustic guitar gigs in pubs and bars around London singing songs he had written himself. He has even sung songs on the some of his film’s soundtracks including two on the original Twilight soundtrack which he wrote.
6. He had little interest in acting when younger and was even told by a teacher that he should not join the drama club because he was not suited for the creative arts. How wrong they were!
7. He made his acting debut in an obscure German made-for-TV movie called ‘Curse of the Ring/Sword of Xanten’ before his first big screen appearance came with another famous film franchise in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2005. Before both of those films he did have a small part in the Reese Witherspoon led film Vanity Fair, but his part was cut in the editing process, and he did not appear in the theatrical release.
See more about Rob Pattinson’s Road to ‘The Batman’ here
8. His mother Clare was a modelling agent and Robert Pattinson himself started modelling at the age of 12. He was most recently the face of Dior Homme fragrance and menswear and had reportedly turned down a £1million offer from Burberry in 2010 to be the face of their brand.
9. He is passionate about helping those in need having supported a number of charities including the American Foundation for AIDS research, GO Campaign, International Medical Corps and Stand up to Cancer.
10. We’ll next see Robert Pattinson in ‘The Batman’ but the film we see will be MUCH different to what was originally planned. Ben Affleck was due to reprise his role as Batman and also direct the film which was to see Jeremy Irons reprise his role as Alfred and Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke seen briefly in Justice League serving as the main villain. Batgirl was also due to make an appearance.
Affleck firstly stepped down as Director before dropping out of the movie entirely to, in his words, “let someone else have a shot at it”. That ‘someone’ turned out to be Pattinson and he and Matt Reeves have described the film as being darker and almost like a horror movie with a big emphasis on Batman’s expertise as a detective which is a marked shift in tone from what was previously proposed.
So, there you have it – are there any facts you know of that we missed out on? Are you looking forward to seeing Pattinson in ‘The Batman’? Let us know in the comments below and keep it locked on We Talk Film for further updates.